Lighthouse Veterinary Care for Cats is a Feline Exclusive Veterinary practice located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Since our opening in August 2021, we have experienced tremendous growth and are looking to add an exceptional Licensed Veterinary Technician to our team.
We are passionate about cats, educating our clients and love to foster a family oriented atmosphere. We want our client to feel at home and work hard to keep our feline friends happy, healthy and comfortable. We are currently working toward becoming a Certified Feline Friendly Practice, with Fear-Free Certification to follow.
Here at LVCC we work hard, but take time to laugh and enjoy our time even in the course of a busy day. Our current team members are extremely dedicated, committed individuals who always go above and beyond to demonstrate the best care to our patients and to show kindness and attention to our clients. We are looking for any new team members to share this same level of dedication and patient care.
At least one year of experience is preferred, however consideration will be given to an otherwise exceptional candidate. The love of cats, experience with, and feeling comfortable with handling them is a must. Having the understanding that “cats are not small dogs” is paramount.
LVT duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing in-house diagnostic tests - including the use of in-house Blood analyzers, performing Urinalysis, parasitic examinations, blood smears, cytology, etc.
- Taking digital, full body and dental radiographs
- Placement of IV catheters
- Performing cystocentesis, & venipuncture
- Have proficiency in obtaining blood pressures using Doppler instrumentation
- Performing dental cleanings and charting
- Delivering & monitoring anesthesia
Each candidate must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia or be willing to obtain licensure in the state. The candidate should be comfortable speaking with clients and vendors, have excellent writing skills and demonstrate at the least, mid-level computer literacy. An understanding of the business of veterinary medicine is also important. A dependable team player of high integrity with leadership capability, is innovative, can problem solve and address
potentially challenging situations is most desired.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This position offers flexible Part-time or Full-Time hours. A signing bonus of $1000 is available for Full-Time hired individuals; $500 for Part-time individuals.
- Employee Pet care discount (including care for pets other than cats)
- Continuing education benefit for Licensed individuals
- Professional development support
- Paid time off
Full-Time Benefits include in addition to above:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
Salary is competitive and Based on Experience (Starting at $19.50 & Up)
Interested applicants should attach your cover letter and resume for review to