Banfield is hiring for Licensed Veterinary Technicians for multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia.
This is more than a business, it’s your life. At Banfield, we take pride in our supportive work environment designed to help you succeed both in and outside of our hospitals. If you’re ready to join a practice that stands behind their commitment to your development and wellbeing, explore opportunities at Banfield.
We have many opportunities available for Licensed Veterinary Technicians throughout Virginia State who share our passion for preventive care and pet wellness. You'll receive competitive salaries while our benefits encompass continued education, numerous discounts, paid time off, and more. We are passionate about well-being and building an environment where you can focus on what matters most - helping pets and practicing high-quality medicine.
Let's talk about you!
- You have a Veterinary Technician certification or licensure (required).
- You desire to practice at the top of your license of your license through Vet Tech Appointments.
- You believe preventive care is the best and only way to achieve a long and healthy life for each pet.
You embrace our Five Principles of Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom.
- You thrive on providing extraordinary client and pet experiences.
*Banfield Pet Hospital®* is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to you and to ensure that access to jobs is rigorously based on job-related criteria.
Check out the below link for current LVT openings in the state of Virginia. Sign-on bonuses up to $2,000 available at selected locations!
Veterinary Emergency Treatment Service & Specialty (VETSS) is looking to add a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to our growing team. We are a 7-doctor, general and emergency practice open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Our modern facility is located in beautiful and historic Charlottesville, VA, an area that offers a wide variety of outdoor activities and entertainment. At VETSS, LVT’s are an essential part of our practice and therefore are highly utilized and valued. LVT’s are encouraged to grow professionally and personally and have the opportunity to further develop their skills both in practice and with a generous Continuing Education allowance. Additional full-time benefits include health and dental insurance, paid time off, paid professional memberships and participation in our 401-K program, among others. We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Please contact email@example.com for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!
Virginia Veterinary Specialists (VVS) is central Virginia's first small animal referral center. We are a dedicated team of board-certified veterinary specialists and licensed technicians committed to providing the finest care.
We are currently seeking a licensed tech to join our surgical department. Surgical skills including but not limited to inducing and monitoring anesthesia, surgical preparation, assisting, patient recovery, and proper equipment sterilization techniques, intensive nursing care, digital radiography.
We offer a competitive benefits package, PAID health and dental insurance, scrub allowance, corporate gym membership, 3 weeks of vacation time a year, and 401k with practice match/profit sharing, discounted pet services for specialty care, and generous CE allowance. Compensation based on candidate's experience.
If this sounds like the right position for you visit our website at www.vavetspecialists.com to learn more about VVS. Please email your resume as well as a brief cover letter explaining your qualifications and desire to pursue employment to Amanda Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensed Veterinary Technician - Experienced Full Time and Part Time needed. Iron Bridge Animal Hospital, in Chesterfield Virginia, is seeking qualified, compassionate, gentle Virginia Licensed Veterinary Technicians for our AAHA accredited two doctor small animal practice. We are well equipped with digital dental and DR radiography, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, and in-house laboratory. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Send email and phone number to email@example.com. 804-743-1704.
COME JOIN THE TEAM OF A PROGRESSIVE AND FRIENDLY ANIMAL HOSPITAL!
We are searching for a Part-Time Licensed Technician who wants to use their skills to provide the highest quality of care. Join the exceptional team at Earlysville Animal Hospital. We are an AAHA-accredited, Cat Friendly and Fear Free Practice.
We are searching for a Licensed Veterinary Technician who has outstanding technical skills and enjoys working with pets and their owners. Experience preferred but will train the right candidate. Our technicians are utilized to their fullest potential and are offered many opportunities to learn new skills. We would love to find a friendly, energetic individual that feels comfortable multi-tasking. Technicians routinely perform dentals and anesthetic procedures daily. We have digital dental radiography and technicians are trained to be proficient in taking full mouth radiographs.
We are a busy, six veterinarian hospital that is well equipped with technology including an in-house lab, ultrasound, low level laser, and digital radiography. We offer a variety of services needed to serve our clients and their pets including Preventive Medicine, Surgery, Dentistry, Behavior Medicine, Acupuncture, and Reproduction.
Benefits include a great hourly rate, career growth potential, training and more.
Please visit our website at: www.earlysvilleanimalhospital.com. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Companion Animal Clinic is seeking a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician who has job experience working with companion animals. We are a customer service focused facility and strive to provide individualized care and treatment to our patients and boarders.
Under the supervision of associate veterinarians, Licensed Veterinary Technicians provide routine medical treatment and care of animals to include all medical and surgical procedures.
- Must have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to multitask
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently
- Must be able to accurately enter charges
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral); Must be proficient in reading, writing, math, phone skills and computer skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Have a current veterinary technician license issue by the VA Dept of Health Professionals
- Have at least 1 year of technician experience at a veterinary practice
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Full time benefits include group health insurance with dental and vision options; eligibility to participate in our 401(k) Plan, PTO and uniform allowance and pet discounts.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Visit us at www.companionanimalclinicvirginia.com
TenderCare Veterinary Center is seeking a full-time or part-time Licensed Veterinary Technician who has a passion for providing extraordinary, loving care to companion animals in a modern, well-equipped facility.
- Strong work ethic, a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask and respond to shifting priorities with accuracy and dependability
- Self motivation
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Sincere desire to provide the utmost care with compassion to patients and clients
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please include a cover letter with your resume and send to: email@example.com
Visit us at www.tendercarevetcenter.com
Veterinary Surgical Centers (VSC) is looking for a motivated Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be a positive and energetic individual with one to three years of veterinary expertise.
Candidates with experience in specialty veterinary medicine and small animal anesthesia will be preferred. We are willing to consider candidates with less experience who wish to advance their knowledge and practice of anesthesia. We are looking to fill full-time positions for our Vienna and Leesburg locations. Fridays, Saturdays and on-call availability required.
***$1,000 signing bonus!!!***
We offer a generous compensation and *benefits package, including paid time off, paid holidays, uniforms, medical and dental insurance, and discounts on pet care. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VCS has three expanding facilities throughout Northern Virginia, in Winchester, Leesburg, and Vienna. Each VSC practice is housed within a progressive, multi-specialty hospital, where our teams work closely with other veterinary specialists every day. For more information and a list of all current available positions, please visit us at www.VSCVets.com.
SEEKING Veterinary Technician!!
The Animal Hospital of Lynchburg is seeking a friendly, high-energy, client-oriented LVT to join our team in our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital. We are a companion animal, avian & exotic, AAHA practice offering a competitive salary, health insurance and a retirement plan. In addition, we provide paid continuing education, uniforms, technical journals, sick, vacation and holiday time as well as discounts for personal pet care, and profit sharing. Visit our website at www.LynchburgVet.com for more information about our hospital, services and philosophies. If you wish to utilize your skills to the fullest, in an atmosphere where you can learn and grow, please contact Dr. Rick Krason or Dr. Jean Krason at The Animal Hospital of Lynchburg, 1705 Memorial Avenue, Lynchburg, Virginia, 24501, (434) 845-7021, or E-Mail us at LynchburgVet@msn.com for more information and correspondence.
Do you have a passion for animals and their welfare? Do you want to work for an organization that positively influences and educates the lives of others, a place that believes in conservation and sustaining the environment, a place where you are building a better future for you and your community? If the answer is yes, then the Virginia Living Museum has a place for you! We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, mission driven person to join our Veterinary Team as a Licensed Veterinary Technician!
Job Description: Licensed Veterinary Technician
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, 21 hours/week (on-site)
Department: Animal Welfare and Conservation
General Statement of Duties:
The Veterinary Technician is responsible for providing the Lead Veterinarian with clinical support in the medical and surgical care of the Museum's live animal collection. The Veterinary Technician assists the Lead Veterinarian with the implementation of the Veterinary care program and maintenance of all Veterinary department protocols. The position recognizes the capacity to achieve greater results by integrating skilled volunteers and leveraging their diverse knowledge and abilities. The Veterinary Technician reports directly to the Lead Veterinarian.
- Degree obtained from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology Program
- Three or more years of experience as a veterinary technician in a zoological, aquarium, or exotic animal specialty practice/setting.
- Maintains all appropriate veterinary technician licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Proficiency in animal restraint, sample collection techniques, patient monitoring, cytology, hematology, parasitology, radiographic positioning, and intravenous catheter placement.
- Knowledge of the anatomy, physiology, behavior, handling, and anesthesia techniques of zoological species
- Knowledge of sterile techniques and surgical equipment cleaning and sterilization in addition to knowledge of infectious disease control and quarantine practices.
- Experience in maintenance of electronic records (Species 360).
- Chemical immobilization training preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Follow written and oral instruction from the Lead Veterinarian
- Must display initiative and good judgement
- Must be able to work independently in the absence of an immediate supervisor
- Must have proof of current rabies vaccination or agree to be vaccinated at the museums expense.
- First Aid and CPR certified or agree to become at museums expense
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to remain calm, make sound decisions, and provide direction in a crisis situation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a positive, enthusiastic representative of the Virginia Living Museum
- Enhances the success of the department by providing effective oversight to volunteers
- Enhances the Guest Experience by assisting the Lead Veterinarian in preparation and execution of all medical procedures including setting up equipment and supplies, chemical and/or manual restraint, monitoring patients under anesthesia or sedation and during recovery, administration of medical treatments, production of radiographs, diagnostic sample collection and analysis, medical record keeping, and gross necropsy.
- Conducts all in-house laboratory analysis including chemistry, cytology, fecal analysis, hematology, urinalysis, and proper sample handling and processing for outside laboratories and research collaborations.
- As directed by the Lead Veterinarian, fills prescription and administers treatments
- Creates and maintains medical records of all diagnostics sample results, anesthesia records, histopathology reports, veterinary specialist consult reports, and keeper communication.
- Maintains medical supply and drug inventory, controlled drug logs, and appropriate disposal of expired drugs and supplies
- Maintains professional relationships with local AZA facility veterinarians and consulting veterinary specialists
- Serves as a liaison for all animal health concerns to the Lead Veterinarian and/or the designated on-call/relief veterinarian while the Lead Veterinarian is off-site.
- Performs emergency triage and treatment of the collection in the absence of or under the supervision of the Lead Veterinarian
- Maintains clinic, surgery, radiology, and necropsy areas in a professional manner. Assists in the operation and maintenance of all veterinary laboratory and imaging equipment
- Maintains chemical immobilization equipment and participates in routine staff training.
- Helps train and coordinate veterinary assistants as needed.
- Transports animals when necessary for facility transfer and/or medical treatment
- Follows museum safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements:
- Must be able to work occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays and be on-call when necessary
- Must be able to perceive detailed information through oral communication
- Must display excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and/or exert up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to move throughout the Museum's building(s) and outdoor trail as needed
- Must have a visual acuity to be able to operate motor vehicles and/or equipment
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crawl, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and utilize repetitive motions
- The candidate will be subject to outdoor environmental conditions such as heat, cold, wind, rain and humidity
Supervision Exercised: None
Qualified applicants please submit VLM application, cover letter, resume, and references. No phone calls, please.
Mail: Human Resources
Virginia Living Museum
524 J. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23601
Hanging Rock Animal Hospital is a Fear Free and AAHA certified three Doctor practice nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Roanoke VA. We are a progressive small animal practice with an emphasis on preventive and wellness care. Additional services provided are digital radiography (including dental), ultrasound, laboratory services, hospital and intensive care, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, class IV laser therapy, acupuncture and holistic medicine, and much more. Please visit our website for additional information on our facility, staff and services.
We expect all team members to embrace our mission as a promise to our clients: As an extension of our family, we promise to work with you to nurture the bond between you and your pet by providing individualized care in a safe and comfortable environment. Our team also adheres to the hospital’s vision by following our core values: Care, Respect, Dependability, Compassion and Honesty
One or more years of experience as a licensed technician are required. Proficient surgical and dental skills are a must. Excellent laboratory, pharmacology, time management and work flow skills are a must. Must have flexible schedule and be able to work Saturdays. We require team members to have a positive attitude, be team oriented, and have a desire to learn new skills and protocols. You must be able to work confidently with people, maintain a clean hospital and work area, handle dogs and cats with confidence, stand and be mobile for long periods of time, sit and lean for extended periods of time, admit and discharge patients, fill prescriptions, accurately perform laboratory tests, perform basic computer tasks, lift 40 pounds, problem solve and keep a sense of humor all at the same time. Client communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent record keeping are a must. Our current needs are for a full time team member working 35-40 hours per week. Weekends and occasional holiday hours are also required.
Compensation will vary depending on experience and skills but will likely range between 12 and 15 dollars per hour. Applicants with additional years of relevant experience will be compensated at a higher rate. We believe happy, healthy team members are more productive therefore we provide generous benefits including health, dental, vacation days, continuing education stipend, uniform allowance, and retirement plans.
Please send résumé and inquiries to Hanging Rock Animal Hospital 1910 Loch Haven Dr. Roanoke VA 24019 or email@example.com
Seven Bends Veterinary Hospital is looking for someone who enjoys working with the public in a fast-paced environment and providing service with a smile. Excellent client service skills, communication skills and ability to multi-task are a must - we are a busy practice and there is always a client or patient to serve. If you enjoy doing something different every day, having regular challenges and new things to learn then you are who we are looking for!
MAJOR JOB TASKS:
· Patient care for feline and canine patients in a 3-4 DVM practice
· Possesses skills for work including catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, surgical preparation, dispensing/administration of pharmaceuticals, patient recovery, equipment maintenance and other inpatient care needs
· Possesses skills for work including vital/history taking, client education, treatment plan prep/review, dispensing/administration of pharmaceuticals and ability to assist a veterinarian with outpatient care needs
· Perform all laboratory in-hospital procedures and to prepare specimens for outside laboratories
· Assist veterinarians in client follow up via phone calls, emailing and texting regarding lab work, patient care and updates
· Daily opening and closing procedures
MAJOR JOB SKILLS:
· Must possess and maintain a Virginia state Veterinary Technician license
· Work well under pressure and have the ability to multi-task
· Work well as a team member and be professional at all times
· Enjoy working with computers, have a moderate level of comfort/skill with technology and be willing to learn about new technology
· Be enthusiastic and eager to learn
There is flexibility with this position full time preferred but would consider a part time schedule for the right candidate. We are open 4 days a week from 7:30am-8pm M-Th, 7:30am-4:30pm Fri and Sun from 2pm-5pm.Availability to work as part of our Sunday rotation at least once a month is a requirement of employment.
To be considered any position, please submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should outline your customer service experience, any veterinary experience you may have, what you are looking for in your next position and what you are looking for in terms of culture in your next job. Your cover letter should also address your salary requirements. Candidates that pass the first screening and meet our current needs will be contacted for interviews. All candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen prior to beginning employment. Thank you for your time.
Please email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pet Poison Helpline is hiring remote licensed and unlicensed Veterinary Technicians to work from home in Virginia! Are you looking for a fulfilling, hands-off position in the vet field? Check us out!
Remote staff must be able to train in our home office in Minnesota for a 3-week period and meet the IT requirements. Candidates outside of the Twin Cities will have hotel and travel expenses reimbursed if applicable.
The Veterinary Information Specialist position is responsible for responding to incoming cases on Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall's industry side via the telephone, email, and chat applications regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings and other adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, and other chemical exposures. Specialists take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Specialists document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the well-being of the animals and facilitate adverse event reporting on the industry side. Information Specialists also handle minor human exposures.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Shift times and shift days will vary and include weekends, typically 2 per month and up to 3 during our busy season, and some holidays. Shifts are 8 1/2 hours long an dare primarily evening shifts (shift start times are ranging from 2pm-6pm CST and shift end times ranging from 10:30pm-2:30am CST).
Part Time, 20 hrs/week. 4 hour shifts, 5 days a week on a 2-week rotation which will include every other weekend. Visit our careers page to learn more!
Please visit our careers page to learn about our job and remote IT requirements and how to apply! https://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/careers/
Interested in joining one of the largest, progressive, emergency and specialty veterinary clinics on the peninsula? The Peninsula Animal Referral Center is actively seeking experienced, dedicated, hardworking, and self-driven Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our 24-hour emergency department. Applicants must have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping client and patient alike. We value a work-life balance and will provide you with a consistent schedule to accommodate this!
Our 12,000 sq. ft emergency & referral center is located between historic Williamsburg and the Virginia Beach/Norfolk metropolitan area. Amenities of this state-of-the-art facility include extensive monitoring and diagnostic equipment, and digital radiography. The emergency practice is located in a separate area of the referral center and has enjoyed strong support from area practices for the past 45 years. These positions offer the opportunity to practice emergency medicine in a beautiful facility with collegial support from other specialties to include Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology and Surgery.
We offer competitive salaries, and additional benefits. The emergency department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Must have 1-3 years’ experience. Student LVTs with hands on experience may apply. If you are interested in learning more, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 757-596-6060 Attn: PARC ER department. Visit www.parcvets.com for more information on our facility, employment opportunities, and the PVA!